Mini Face Lift surgery is the most common type of face lift surgery performed today. The Mini Face Lift, also known as the “Mini Lift”, addresses wrinkles and sagging skin on the lower third of the face using small incisions placed around the ears. It restores definition to the chin by reducing excess tissue and artfully tightening remaining tissue. Dr. DeChiara can tailor a mini face lift procedure to give you a youthful, more refreshed appearance that accentuates your natural beauty and boosts your confidence.
The Mini Face Lift surgery appeals to many men and women because it can address some of the most prominent signs of aging. For example, some people experience hormonal changes, or are genetically predisposed to losing definition in their jaw. Many patients turn to mini face lift surgery to restore this definition.
If you have noticed a loss of definition in your jaw due to sagging skin or excess fat tissue and you would like to restore a youthful appearance, you may be a candidate for a mini facelift. By familiarizing yourself with the basic principles of this surgery, you can engage your surgeon in an informed consultation and outline a treatment plan that may provide beautiful, natural-looking results.
Mini Face Lift surgery can provide a wealth of physical and emotional benefits:
- Minimal Scarring – Incisions are easily concealed within your natural facial contours and hairline.
- Minimal Side Effects – A mini facelift results in less swelling, bruising, and tenderness than a more extensive facelift surgery.
- Conservative Treatment – Mini facelift surgery addresses primarily the lower third of your face and neck. The procedure will complement your natural features, giving you an enhancement commensurate with your degree of skin laxity and wrinkles
- Self Confidence – Feeling confident about your appearance can make a tremendous difference in your quality of life.
- Efficiency – In many cases, mini facelifts can be completed in a few hours.
- Conservative anesthesia – A mini facelift can be done using local anesthesia, allowing the patient to remain conscious throughout the procedure without feeling pain. As such, patients do not have to experience the groggy disorientation and risks that follows general anesthesia having been placed upon “life-support”.
If you would like a non-surgical alternative to the Mini Lift, please check out Ultherapy, which provides similar results, with no incisions, using ultrasound to target tissues to lift the skin on the face, neck and decollate.