Titan Treatment FAQ
Recommended Pre & Post Care for Pigmented Lesion Treatments
Before Your Treatment
- Do not wear makeup on the day of treatment
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to treatment
- Includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, sun exposure, etc.
- Some medications or supplements may increase the risk bruising. Please let your clinician know your medications.
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing, depilatories, etc.)
- Notify clinic with any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment
- History of herpes or cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment
After Your Treatment
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen to prevent further sun damage
- Bruising, redness and swelling are common and resolve with time
- Treated pigment will turn darker (brown to black) within 24-48 hours
- Do not pick at treated areas
- Treated pigment will exfoliate off the face in approximately 1 week
- Treated pigment will exfoliate off the body in approximately 2-3 weeks
- Avoid heat – hot tubs, saunas, etc. for 1-2 days
- Avoid skin irritants (examples below) a few days post-treatment:
- Avoid products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, etc.
- Notify our office of any concerns (blistering, excessive redness/swelling, etc.)
- Resume skin care regime after skin healed.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!